The ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI) is
offering the opportunity to participate as an official entrant in
the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon
Marathon to be held Sunday, November 1, 2020. Before completing the application form
below, it is important to note that there is a $5,000 fundraising minimum required of the successful applicant. Those funds support ALS TDI's mission to find effective
treatments and a cure for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
ABOUT THE ALS THERAPY DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE (ALS TDI)
ALS TDI is the world's foremost drug discovery center focused solely on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). As a
nonprofit biotech, its Cambridge, MA-based science team actively discovers and develops treatments for ALS. Led by
people with ALS and drug development experts, ALS TDI understands the urgent need to slow and stop this disease.
Visit www.als.net for more information.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, or ALS, is a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that control
voluntary muscle movement. In people with ALS, the motor neurons deteriorate leading to muscle weakness and
paralysis. Every 90 minutes, someone is diagnosed with ALS, and most people live 2-5 years after their first signs of
disease. There is no effective treatment or cure.
The minimum fundraising requirement is $5,0001
and must be reached by November 2, 2020. Any outstanding
balance will be charged by ALS TDI using the entrant's credit card on file on
November 6, 2020.
BENEFITS OF RUNNING THE 2020 TCS NEW YORK CITY MARATHON FOR ALS TDI
ALS TDI offers the following benefits to the successful applicant:
- Fundraising tips and assistance in the creation of a peer-to-peer web page for personal fundraising.
- Payment of application fee to the NYRR on behalf of applicant ($255 for NYRR members; $295 for non-members; $358 for non-U.S. residents).
- Virtual 16-week training program provided by 6-Star Abbott World Marathon Award Recipient, Neil Gottlieb.
- Branded training and race apparel.
- Pre Race "carb load" dinner on Saturday evening, 10/31/2020.
- "Cheer" zones along race course to keep runners motivated!
Please complete and submit this application by April 30, 2020
to be considered. Successful applicants will be chosen by internal selection committee, and notified on the
1 While $5,000 is the minimum fundraising requirement, it
is our mission to develop treatments for ALS as quickly as possible, and thus we will take note of those
applicants with a strategy to raise funds beyond $5,000.